CNA/Medication Assistant II
Missouri Slope Lutheran Care Center
Full Time or Part Time
$2,000 sign-on bonus!
Bonus will be offered to newly hired CNA/MAIIs in positions guaranteed 24-40 hours per week.
Sign-on bonus is paid out in intervals of $500 after 6, 12, 18, and 24 months of employment.
NEW $3.00 per hour shift differential for PM shifts and $1.00 per hour shift differential for night shifts!
Day Shift (6:00am-2:30pm)
- 36 flexing to 40 hours per week
A minimum of 8 hours per week as a Medication Assistant or as needed
Other guaranteed hours will be scheduled as a CNA
All shifts include rotating weekends and holidays
- Administer medications that are oral, topical, nasal, rectal, metered dose inhalers, or those instilled within the eye or ear or through a g-tube
- Responsible for passing of scheduled medications that are administered on a routine basis and do not require drug calculations, dosage conversion, determination of need, or assessment of resident
- Responsible for documentation and accounting of all drugs
- Responsible to make certain all medications are administered and documented as stated on Medication Administration Record, utilizing the electronic medical record system
- Administers direct personal care to residents
- Responsible to provide a safe environment for residents and co-workers by following all established safety policies and procedures
- Responsible for using mechanical lifts and/or manually assisting resident transfers using forces up to 60 pounds frequently
- Responsible for transportation of residents requiring the physical act of pushing and/or pulling a variety of types of chairs up to 30 lbs. on a frequent basis
- Encourages the residents’ participation in the activity program and assist with transporting as needed
- Will make and change linen on residents’ beds according to established procedure or according to the wishes of the resident
- Must respect and uphold resident rights in all regards including confidentiality of resident information
- Maintains vigil and care for dying residents and assist the resident and their family in coping with the dying process and death
- Keeps written notes and record pertinent resident information on the resident’s permanent record and report to the charge nurse
- Demonstrates MSLCC’s customer service standards of excellence
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Current CNA certification from North Dakota
- Current Medication Assistant II or III certification from North Dakota
To apply, submit an MSLCC employment application at 2425 Hillview Avenue, Bismarck, ND 58501 or apply online at www.mslcc.com.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
MSLCC is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.